Learning Persian (Fārsī)? Here's a great collection of Persian (Fārsī) language learning resources to help you get fluent in Persian (Fārsī)! Start learning Persian (Fārsī) today.
- Chai & Conversation – learn colloquial Persian. They also have a YouTube channel.
- italki – perfect for a more personalized language learning experience. They also have an app and you can pay per lesson!
- Learn Persian Farsi Easily, Effectively and Fluently – Persian language learning on Spotify.
- Learn Persian with Reza Nazari – YouTube channel. His website LearnPersianOnline.com has more paid resources.
- Learn Persian While You Sleep by Eko Languages – 8 hours!!
- Linguanaut: Learn Farsi – another free language resource with other languages available.
- Persian Language Foundation – an extensive website covering the Persian language and culture.
- PersianPod101.com – from Innovative Language. Also, has a YouTube channel.
- Pimsleur – they have Dari Persian and Fārsī Persian available. That's pretty impressive!
- Pronunciator – check your local library to see if they have this available. My local library replaced Mango Languages with this software. Pretty decent. FREE
- SquidTV – listings of Iranian television channels and radio stations.
- Talk Like A Persian – this channel gives you a little bit of everything. It can cover simple topics such as numbers and the alphabet all the way to beginning conversational skills.
- Mango Languages – subscription required; $19.99/month or FREE with any participating library. I used to get this for free from my local library, and one day they suddenly stopped supporting it. It's similar to Duolingo (still, no Persian), but it focuses more on visual and audio. The monthly subscription is $19.99, but you'll have over 70 languages at your fingertips. I love those in-between lessons that give you cultural tips. You can access Mango Languages via the web and download lessons through the app (iOS and Android) on your phone or tablet.
- Mondly – one of the few apps available that
have the Persian language on its list.
- Speak and Translate by Apalon Apps – free with in-app purchases. Available for iOS only. **No audio available for Farsi (Persian)**
- Beginner’s Persian (Iranian Farsi) with Online Audio (Hippocrene Beginner's) by Mohammad Mehdi Khorrami
- Farsi: A Complete Course for Beginners by Living Language
- Farsi (Persian) for Beginners: Mastering Conversational Farsi by Saeid Atoofi, Ph.D
- Farsi (Persian) Phrasebook & Dictionary by Lonely Planet
- How to Write in Persian (A Workbook for Learning the Persian Alphabet): (Bi-lingual Farsi- English Edition) (English and Farsi Edition) by Nazanin Mirsadeghi
- Learn Farsi in 100 Days: The Ultimate Crash Course to Learning Farsi Fast by Reza Nazari – there's a workbook available, too!
- Learn Persian: A Complete Phrase Compilation for Traveling to Iran by Innovative Language
- Persian of Iran – from the University of Texas in Austin.
- Pimsleur Farsi Persian Basic Course – Level 1 Lessons 1-10 CD: Learn to Speak and Understand Farsi Persian by Pimsleur – start here and work your way up!
- The Routledge Introductory Persian Course: Farsi Shirin Ast by Pouneh Shabani-Jadidi and Dominic Parviz Brookshaw
Know When To Take A Break
After spinning a decision wheel on New Year's Day in 2019, fate chose Persian (Fārsī) for me to learn in the #31DayAspiringPolyglot challenge. Even though resources for Persian (Fārsī) are somewhat limited compared to other languages, you can still find what you need if you seek it! I found myself quitting 2 months because I had too much going on and couldn't carve out the time to keep learning. Persian has been the most difficult language to learn for me, but it keeps pulling me back.
*Hey, this page contains affiliate links. There's no extra cost to you, but I receive a small commission when you decide to use them. They help me keep this party going.