After spinning a decision wheel on New Year’s Day in 2019, fate chose Persian (Fārsī) for me to learn in the #31DayAspiringPolyglot challenge. Even though resources for Persian (Fārsī) are somewhat limited compared to other languages, you can still find what you need if you seek it!
- Chai & Conversation – learn colloquial Persian. They also have a YouTube channel.
- Free Language – Persian – free language resource library with other languages available. Start here: Beginner Persian (Fārsī) Audio + Textbook.
- Learn Persian Farsi Easily, Effectively and Fluently – Persian language learning on Spotify.
- Learn Persian with Reza Nazari – YouTube channel. His website LearnPersianOnline.com has more paid resources.
- Learn Persian While You Sleep by Eko Languages – 8 hours!!
- Linguanaut: Learn Farsi – another free language resource with other languages available.
- Live Lingua – Farsi – I discovered this one kind of late. They have other languages available is probably one of the most comprehensive online language learning libraries I’ve seen to date.
- Persian Language Foundation – an extensive website covering Persian language and culture.
- PersianPod101.com – from Innovative Language. Also, has a YouTube channel.
- Pimsleur – they have Dari Persian and Fārsī Persian available. That’s pretty impressive!
- Pronunciator – check your local library to see if they have this available. My local library replaced Mango Languages with this software. Pretty decent. FREE
- SquidTV – listings of Iranian television channels and radio stations.
- Talk Like A Persian – this channel gives you a little bit of everything. It can cover simple topics such as numbers and the alphabet all the way to beginning conversational skills.
- Mango Languages – subscription required; $19.99/month or FREE with any participating library. I used to get this for free from my local library, and one day they suddenly stopped supporting it. It’s similar to Duolingo, but it focuses more on visual and audio. The monthly subscription is $19.99, but you’ll have over 70 languages at your fingertips. I love that in between lessons, it will give you culture tips. You can access Mango Languages via web and download lessons through the app (iOS and Android) on to your phone or tablet.
- Mondly – one of the few apps available that
hasthe Persian language on its list.
- Speak and Translate by Apalon Apps – free with in-app purchases. Available for iOS only. **No audio available for Farsi (Persian)**
- Farsi (Persian) for Beginners: Mastering Conversational Farsi by Saeid Atoofi, Ph.D
- How to Write in Persian (A Workbook for Learning the Persian Alphabet): (Bi-lingual Farsi- English Edition) (English and Farsi Edition) by Nazanin Mirsadeghi
- Learn Farsi in 100 Days: The Ultimate Crash Course to Learning Farsi Fast by Reza Nazari – there’s a workbook available, too!
- Persian of Iran – from the University of Texas in Austin. Two books with audio.