Learning Italian? Here's a great collection of Italian language learning resources to help you get fluent in Italian! Start learning Italian today.
- Ba Ba Dum – interactive flashcards available for several languages.
- BBC Languages Italian – although it is no longer being updated, it's still a good resource.
- Coffee Break Italian Podcast
- Easy Italian – “Learn language from the streets!” They have other languages available. It's one of my favorite YouTube channels.
- Garzanti Linguistica – paid; this is one way to kick it up a notch!
- italki – perfect for a more personalized language learning experience. They also have an app, and you can pay per lesson!
- Lingua – choose from 5 languages. Vocabulary games, spaced repetition.
- Linguanaut Italian – another free language resource with other languages available.
- One World Italiano
- Online Italian Club
- Pimsleur – language immersion course. A bit pricey, but well worth it!
- Beelinguapp: Learn Languages with Audiobooks – free with in-app purchases. Available for iOS and Android, I love this app. You can read and listen to books in two languages.
- Duolingo – FREE. I know many folks who don't like Duolingo, but it has its upsides. It's easy to start, just download the app or head over to their site and start learning. I especially love chatting with the bots and trying to earn more lingots (in video game speak, cash, coins, and rubies) to unlock more culture lessons.
- Mango Languages – subscription required; $19.99/month or FREE with any participating library. I used to get this for free from my local library, and one day they suddenly stopped supporting it. It's similar to Duolingo, but it focuses more on visual and audio. The monthly subscription is $19.99, but you'll have over 70 languages at your fingertips. I love those in-between lessons that give you cultural tips. You can access Mango Languages via the web and download lessons through the app (iOS and Android) on your phone or tablet.
- Polly Lingual Italian – free with in-app purchases. This used to be called Molto Bene Italian and now is part of a language suite where you can learn other languages also. I have this on my AppleTV as well as on my iPhone for easy access and learning on the go. If you want to unlock all 13 languages, you'll need to get the Polly Passport. The annual fee is $9.99. I love this subscription because I can also access it on other devices. It's also one of the cheaper options out there. One thing to note is that you can also hire a Polly Ambassador who are live video tutors. Their rates and experience are listed clearly.
- Speak and Translate by Apalon Apps – free with in-app purchases. Available for iOS only.
- 15 Minute Italian: Eyewitness Travel Guides by DK Publishing
- Barron’s Learn Italian The Fast and Fun Way
- Berlitz Italian Phrasebook and Dictionary
- Bescherelle L’Italien Pour Tous – learning Italian through French
- Better Reading Italian by Daniela Gobetti
- Cortina Conversational Italian in 20 Lessons
- Collins Easy Learning Italian Conversation
- Collins Easy Learning Italian Grammar
- Collins Easy Learning Italian Phrasebook
- Collins Italian Verbs
- Colloquial Italian: The Complete Course for Beginners by Sylvia Lymbery (Routledge)
- Conversational Italian in 7 Days by Shirley Baldwin
- Comparative Grammar of Spanish, Portuguese, Italian and French: Learn & Compare 4 Languages Simultaneously by Mikhail Petrunin (perfect if you’re trying to learn other Romance languages together)
- Essential Italian in 2 Hours with Paul Noble
- Harper-Collins Italian Dictionary
- Hide This Italian Book: Uncensored Version by Eve-Alice Roustang-Stoller
- Hugo Italian in Three Months
- Il Souvenir Italian Phrasebook and Journal by Alex Chapin and Daniel Franklin
- In-Flight Italian Learn Before You Land by Living Language
- Italian At A Glance by Mario Costantino
- Italian Frequency Dictionary for Learners by MostUsedWords
- Language Hacking Italian by Benny Lewis
- Learn Italian with Paul Noble for Beginners – Complete Course
- Next Steps in Italian with Paul Noble for Intermediate Learners – Complete Course
- Modern Italian Grammar: A Practical Guide by Routledge
- Short Stories in Italian for Beginners by Olly Richards
- Short Stories in Italian for Intermediate Learners by Olly Richards
- Speak Italian with Confidence by Marina Guarnieri
- The Berlitz Self-Teacher: Italian
- The Everything Learning Italian Book
- Wicked Italian by Howard Tomb
Make a Language Work For You
I figured why not learn another Romance language? I spoke a bit with a former employer who was from Modena. I got it right about 70% of the time. I was still learning Italian (Italiano) through French.
*Hey, this page contains affiliate links. There's no extra cost to you, but I receive a small commission when you decide to use them. They help me keep this party going.