Oh, dear! Every weekend I dread that my time is running out and each Sunday I remind myself I have time. Well this weekend, I will be right, finally. I depart next Friday to be exact and while I have my toiletries packed (yes, I'm that weird), I have yet to figure out what to do about my photography equipment. This time it will be different as I will not be carrying my beloved suitcase Beetlejuice and instead have opted for a duffle bag/backpack rig with a small bag for my camera and doodads. The issue I'm running into is how to charge my DSLR's battery. As usual, I will figure it out just in time.
I often get asked to do a travel makeup packing list, but it's hard because it depends on many variables.
- How much makeup do you normally wear, as in what's your day-to-day look? Which takes me to…
- How many products do you need to achieve your day-to-day look?
- Where are you going and are you attending any special events? And finally…
- How much space have you allocated for your pretty face stuffs.
Of course, this does not include skincare and other toiletries, so you have to be mindful, resourceful, and LOGICAL. Sorry, I couldn't type that last sentence with a straight face. I'm guilty of that nonsense too.
The list below has products that I have used in my daily routine, some even come with me and have a nice place in my bag. I do have other items that I use only sparingly, which is why they are not on the list. A notable mention is the Anastasia Beverly Hills Modern Renaissance eyeshadow. If my trip consisted of more than sightseeing, I would have definitely packed it in my bag.
Just remember, if you run out of something, you can always buy more. What a better way to try out new items from other countries while you're traveling!
Travel Makeup Packing List
- Conair Fusion Folding Travel Brush (get this one made of bamboo instead)
- Wet N' Wild Color Icon Eyeshadow in Walking on Eggshells
NYX Cosmetics Wonder Pencil in WP01 Light/Clair (slip that in the waterline and look like you gave a damn this morning!)DISCONTINUED E.L.F. Cosmetics Brightening Eyeliner Pencil in BlackDISCONTINUED E.L.F. Cosmetics Perfect Face Palette in Nude (everything you need, also available in Rose and Smoky)DISCONTINUED
- E.L.F. Cosmetics Matte Magic Mist and Set
- E.L.F. Cosmetics Flawless Finish Foundation in Sand
- E.L.F. Cosmetics Studio Contouring Blush and Bronzing Powder in Fiji (Matte)
- NYX Cosmetics HD Finishing Powder in Translucent (Macys, Ulta)
EcoTools Boho Luxe Travel Makeup Brush Set (4pcs. + Pouch) EcoTools Boho Mini Makeup Brush Set (2pcs.) EcoTools Kabuki Brush (This was from another set, and I'm sorry I don't remember the name.)Ecotools Refresh in 5
- NYX Cosmetics Color Correcting Palette (Macys, Ulta, Walgreens, Walmart)
- Travel Eyelash Curler (
look around and don't pay more than $5 buckspay the extra coin and get a good one that'll last. Mine is the Japonesque Go Curl Eyelash Curler)
- Elizabeth Mott Thank Me Later Eye Primer
- Essence Cosmetics Make Me Brow Eyebrow Gel Mascara in Browny Browns
- Elizabeth Mott It's So Big Volumizing Mascara in Black
- E.L.F. Cosmetics Day to Night Lipstick Duo in Red Hot Reds (such a lifesaver!)
- B. by Balenciaga Rollerball Perfume (sometimes I'll switch it out with Miss Dior by Christian Dior)
- Trader Joe's Organic Virtuoso Spearmint Lip Balm SPF 15 (if you can't find this one, the one by Dr. Bronner is great, too!)
- …and looks like I forgot to mention in my initial Instagram post: E.L.F. Tweezers. THE BEST TWEEZERS EVER! Go get some, they're only a dollar and outperform my Tweezerman tweezers.
*Hey, this page contains affiliate links. There’s no extra cost to you, but I receive a small commission when you decide to use them. They help me keep this party going.